Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 16


Day 16 - A picture of someone who inspires you.

Photobucket

Ok, Ok. I know there are a lot of people who hate Sarah Palin. That's ok, just don't come here and bash her. I really like her and I think she's quite inspiring. This has nothing to do with whether or not I think she's going to run in the next Presidential election or whether she may or may not have an annoying voice. This is however all about her values. She is so family oriented and truly believes that family is the most important thing in a person's life. She's extremely proud of her state of Alaska and I can completely relate to her on that level. No, I don't live in Alaska but I am so very proud to be from New York. Yeah, our taxes suck. Yeah, it's expensive to live there. Yeah, we have had our fair share of, let's just say, interesting Governors but I love it just the same. I love the city, I love the country, and it's home to me. I admire her love and passion for her home state. Most of all I admire her principles. Being a woman she doesn't let anything get in her way. She can stand her own and she's self sufficient. She teaches this to her children and carries it on throughout her daily life. I love how she stands firmly in the belief that working hard, trying new things, pushing yourself, and doing things on your own will get you wherever you need to go. I feel like in today's society there are a lot of people who have become lazy and feel like they can't do certain things. What a great feeling when you put yourself out there and accomplish something you thought you could never do? I know from personal experience that nothing could ever top that feeling. I like how she may be a little afraid to do something new, but she does it. If you don't ever try anything because you're scared to do it, how will you ever know if you like it or not? Regardless if you believe that she says and does these things for ratings or votes, you can't deny that this is a great lesson for people of all ages, races, and religions. She is definitely someone who I admire and a great role model for people everywhere.

3 comments:

  1. I agree completely! She definitely doesn't take the easy way out. This is a trait I think is seriously lacking in 99% of government officials these days. She lives her life right out in the open and doesn't try to be sneaky or hide what's going on. Wonderful woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Came across your blog from a mutual friend on here. I saw this post and thought how awesome! I love Sarah too! It's hard to find people who like her. I wish people would see her for who she is and I wish there were more people out there with her values.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorites! I LOVE Sarah Palin. She is such an inspiration, a woman of courage, intellect and values. She's family oriented and that's something I really admire her for. She's the epitome of a tough and intelligent woman who won't let anything or anyone get in her way, whether it be to raise her family, achieve her dreams or just climb a mountain :)
    Love it Stace. Thanks for a great blog!

    ReplyDelete