I would like to start off this blog by thanking Mickey Mouse. Thanks to that talking mouse my daughter thinks that whatever Mickey can do, Mommy & Daddy can do. This is fine in retrospect but until Mommy & Daddy have to buck up and actually do these things...well, that's a whole other barrel of monkeys.
Today Lizzie asked me for coins. Whenever Ross and I have spare change it goes straight to Lizzie and she puts it in her piggy bank. I figured she just wanted to put some money in her piggy and we didn't have any spare change hanging around the house. I told her that I was sorry that we didn't have any. To that she replies, "No mommy, I need coins for magic." Ooookkk? She then goes to my purse, pulls out my wallet, opens the little zipper compartment and pulls out a quarter. The magic purse! It just grows money (I wish)! Where the heck did she learn that from?? I guess it's one of those times where you realize that your children really are watching your every move.
After Lizzie gets her magic quarter she asks me to hold out my hands and then puts a quarter in one hand. I then realize what she's asking me to do. Magic tricks. Great, Mommy didn't take that class in college. So I play along for a little while until Lizzie has Daddy start playing the game. Apparently Daddy has taken magic classes somewhere and warms up the quarter between his hands which will make it disappear.
Lizzie is stunned. This is way better than the magic Mommy was trying to do. Mommy now needs to redeem herself and while Daddy is warming up the quarter he sneakily (is that a word?) passes it on to me. At this point I'm panicking a little because I have no clue what I'm going to do with this "magic" quarter. I then get the bright idea that I'm going to have the quarter come out of my mouth and drop into my empty water glass. With some quick fingers I drop the quarter into the glass and pretend like it came tumbling out of my mouth. Lizzie is now even more stunned. How did she do that???
Now it's Lizzie's turn. She asks us to close our eyes because she's going to do a magic trick. We reluctantly close our eyes (what is she going to do when she knows we aren't looking?) and Lizzie begins her magic trick. Daddy and I are a little nervous so we peak through our eyelashes and what do we see? Lizzie sticking a quarter in her mouth.
But Mom, it's magic!

No comments:
Post a Comment