Saturday, March 26, 2011

Confessions of Momma Stace


I confess that I am back on the work out wagon. I've been working out on and off and not really caring what I ate and my body is paying for it. Now I'm really watching what we eat and working out five days a week. Let's hope that I can lose more weight this year than I did last year and finally reach my goal!

I confess that I'm working out with Ross here at home. The gym here is so expensive and there is no child care so I'm doing what I can here. This is a big deal for me because I would never let Ross watch me work out. I was so self conscious and now I feel silly because I get a much better workout with him. He helps me when I'm doing something wrong and he pushes me to keep going.

I confess that I feel good that my workout even makes Ross sweat.

I confess that Ross got vibram five fingers and he really wants me to get a pair. I think they're really goofy looking but he's convinced me. I probably won't wear them out in public a whole lot but I'll definitely be wearing them during workouts. That way I can actually stretch and hold a stance without slowing going into a splits position. Momma Stace + Splits = Disaster.

I confess nine times out of ten I don't get dressed. I take a shower, brush my hair, brush my teeth, and then throw on yoga pants and a t-shirt. I just don't see the point when I know I'm not going anywhere. I promise, I haven't resorted in grocery shopping in flannel pajamas....yet.

I confess that ever since Lizzie has turned four she has become a chatterbox. I also confess that this is going to slowly drive me into the nut house. She talks, asks questions, dictates, and makes noise from the moment she wakes up in the morning until the moment she goes to bed. Peace & quiet? What's that?

I confess that if Spring doesn't get here soon I'm packing up our stuff and moving it to California. We are beyond sick and tired of the cold air and wind. We're jonesing for some outside/beach time.

I confess that I'm still not freaking out about our move to Maryland. This is really unlike me because I am a major planner. Ross has one more trip to make down there and we're still waiting on the final offer so it hasn't quite hit me yet. When it does, I'm sure you all will know and I apologize in advance.

I confess I'm confessing this morning because I don't feel like cleaning the house. Procrastination? Noooo. Never.

I confess that Ross is working all weekend and it's these days that I wish I was in New York with my Mom so we could go shopping and go out to lunch.

I confess that if I don't get off my butt soon I'm going to lose all motivation and the floors won't get swept & mopped, the dusting won't get done, the laundry will sit in the dryer, and Lizzie's pink toothpaste will still be all over the sink.

Have a great weekend blog friends! If you have warm weather where you are will you please share it with us up here in Maine? My sanity and flip flops will thank you. ♥

2 comments:

  1. Kaylee is such a chatter box too and it killllls me! It gets really fun when they start learning to read and ask you what eversinglewordtheysee says. It's exciting at first but after awhile it gets exhausting. Thankfully Kaylee can read on her own now so we are over that phase :p

    I hope that the warm weather hits you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the same here Stace..the gym is freaking expensive ( about 40 to 50 Euros a months )and i am feeling very bad when i don't go for a few weeks.I am trying to go to the aqua gym with my neighbour once or twice a week...it's only 3 bucks. But i am thinking about doing something at home...maybe i am buying Gillian Michaels for the WII or the P90X ( but Jess said it's super hard ). What are you doing at home????

    ReplyDelete