Elizabeth and I have the plague...
or something that feels plague-ish.
Fever. A cough that gives your abs a work out. Sore throat. Headache. Congestion. Achey 80 year old woman bones. Pure exhaustion.
Today marks my fifth day of sickness. Luckily all I have left is the congestion, cough, and a scratchy throat. Poor Lizzie on the other hand, is right in the middle of the nastiness.
In the midst of all of this sickness we have wasted Ross's only two days off this week because I felt like I was on my death bed. Normally it's just one of those "oh darn" moments but this week I really needed those two days. Lizzie turns four(um, yikes!) on Monday and I promised her a pretty new birthday dress. Not a big deal in normal circumstances but here in Maine there is a two hour drive between Lizzie and a pretty new dress. Yeesh. To add to that, I still need to get all of her cake supplies and I still have no idea what kind of cake I'm making her. She keeps asking me for a raspberry cake and I have this delicious recipe from my Mom for a yummy yogurt cake. Buuut...Lizzie is lactose intolerant so I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I might just whip up a good ol' funfetti cake and throw some raspberries on top. Can't go wrong with that, right?
Well, I hope you all have a great weekend and the plague doesn't find it's way into your home! (If it does, pretty please don't share it with us ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Check out the extracts in the spice section in a grocery store/natural food store or even the pharmacy. You might be able to find raspberry flavoring or extract there! Feel better you two!
ReplyDelete