Adell, in case I get carried away with your story I just want to say that you are one of the the funniest, most beautiful, confident, and strong women I have ever met. I admire you for so many things but most importantly for the simple fact that you know who you are, you know what you believe in, and nothing or no one could ever change that. I love you and I am so blessed to be a part of your life.

I first met Adell four years ago while our husbands were stationed in Maryland. We were newlyweds who were new to the Marine Corps way of life. I met her at my house during Easter dinner in 2006. We’ve been friends since that day and we’ve never looked back. We have had ups and downs in our lives and i’m so thankful that she was there for me during some of the most trying times.
When I first moved to California I was the epitome of the small town girl in a big city. Without Adell I probably would have sat in my apartment the whole time we were stationed at Camp Pendleton and never experienced anything. Adell has such a strong personality that I have a hard time saying no to her. She would get me in the car and make me tell her how to get from point A to point B. She would quiz me on how I knew where North and South were. She would invite me to things and push me to do things. Adell took me under her wing and together we made it through our husband’s deployments. I may have cursed her back then but I admire her for it now. She is one of those people that just gets out there and tries to experience all that she can, she’s truly fearless.
While I always admired Adell, this past year she has really inspired me. Adell and her daughter Rylee were abandoned by their husband/father. Shockingly, to all of us, he decided that he no longer wanted to be married and wanted a new and different life. I really thought this would break Adell’s spirit. She loved her life so much, she loved California, and she was brand new Mom. Her life was literally tipped upside down and she had to start all over. After some time, the Adell I knew and loved slowly started emerging through this dark shell that had formed around her. She was back to being the confident woman I always knew. Adell doesn’t define herself as a divorced woman. She defines herself as Adell. I believe what helped get her through is her deep devotion to God. Adell can get put in any situation and she just goes out and conquers it. She has a way of seeing the best out of any situation and firmly believes that God has a plan for her. No matter what horrible thing may happen she knows that it is all part of God’s plan. It may be hard, and it may be something she doesn’t want, but eventually she comes to a feeling of peace. It’s like she takes the heavy burden and releases it up to Him because she knows He will take care of her.
Going through a divorce to your once true love must be absolutely life altering. I had no idea what would happen to Adell or how she would change. In all honesty, she is the same woman i’ve always known. She is confident in herself. She knows exactly who she is and what she believes in. She is spiritual, she is a mother, a beyond faithful friend, and a loving daughter and sister. I aspire to be so confident with myself and know myself so well that regardless of what may happen, I will still be me.
Being a part of Adell’s life has been such a true blessing. I’m sad that i’ve never met Rylee and that Lizzie can’t spend time with Adell anymore but I know (because Adell tells me this all the time) that this is part of God’s plan for us and our friendship. I know that some day we will find the time and money to fly to each other’s home and pick up right where we left off.

Adell, I hope you see this blog and know how wonderful you really are. I hope that someone can read this and be inspired by your spirit and determination. You are a true role model for Rylee and she is so lucky to have you as a Mother. I wanted to write so much more but i’d be here writing for days on end. I know that if anyone wanted to know more about you, you would be more than happy to share your life to them because that’s the kind of person you are. Thank you for guiding me, sharing with me, teaching me, and for just being you. ♥

there needs to be a "like" button on blogspot :)
ReplyDeleteWow! This is so incredible! I cried the entire time I was reading it! You nailed it for sure! Thanks for making our friend feel so special! She is truly amazing in every way and you did an amazing job explaining that!!
ReplyDeleteVery Sweet!
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful Stace! And very well said! Adell truly is an amazing woman and mother, An inspiration to us all! :) Kudos to you Adell for always remaining true to yourself and being such a great role model for you beautiful daughter:)
ReplyDelete