Good Morning!
I'm sitting at the table in front of my computer with a Christmas coffee cup filled with water, Christmas tunes in the background, Lizzie on the couch with a coloring book and crayons, and about fifty things that I should be doing other than this, but I need to do this. I need to get this out there and I need to do it now because I'm starting to snowball down a giant mountain.
I'm going backwards. I feel like I've come to a complete halt in progress and have started dragging myself back to the starting line instead of digging in deep and running towards the finish line. For some reason I just realized that it is almost January. It is almost 2011 and at the beginning of 2010 is when I decided that I was going to get in shape, lose weight, gain confidence, and just be happy for once without beating myself up about it. So as the end of December quickly approaches where do you think I am? A brand new, happy, skinny woman? Ha! Not even close.
I've been very adamant about working out. I think I've done a hell of a job if I say so myself. Yes, there have been times that I turned down a workout to go do something fun or heck, to just lay on the couch and watch T.V. I've been pretty good about what I'm eating. Yeah, I eat chocolate almost every day but what I failed to mention is that this chocolate is not chocolate cake with chocolate frosting (as much as I'd like it to be) it's usually a cliff bar or a fiber one bar. Since moving to Maine I've gone off track a little, and yeah, it happens. Between my back and getting into a somewhat normal routine here I've only worked out a handfull of times. Despite that, we try to walk as much as we can. We have these recreational trails out here that we like to walk on Ross's days off (as long as it's nice because they're by the water and it's FREEZING when it's cold out). They don't have any hills like what I was walking in New York and I'm usually walking at Lizzie's pace but it's walking nonetheless.
So I've come to the conclusion that I need to try harder. There is a gym here that I can go to but it's kind of expensive and doesn't have child care so I'm not sure how I'll make it happen but I just might try. I need to do something. I can't stand in front of my closet anymore and cry because I hate how all of my clothes look on me. I'm right back to where I started and I hate it. I feel like I've wasted a year of hard work. I hate that I'm right back to thinking everyone is staring at me and thinking how ugly I am. I hate feeling that I need new clothes so bad but walking out of stores empty handed because I hate how everything looks on me. It needs to stop, and it needs to stop now.
I look at Elizabeth and realize how much she is like me. I don't want her growing up thinking the same way I do because she is beautiful. She's fun and she's happy and I want her to always feel confident in herself. How can I teach her that when I don't believe that in myself?
So here's to brushing myself off, re-tying my shoelaces, pulling my hair back, taking a deep breath, and digging in deep. Here's to the finish line, regardless of how far away it may be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh staceface! I'm struggling with the exact same thing right now. I worked so hard to lose tons of weight and since Mick left for training in July and then deployed in Oct, I've gotten wayyyy off track and put 12 lbs back on and it's devastating me. i know i have no one to blame but myself, but I just feel like i'm spiraling out of control and don't know how to get back on track. :( I hate weight. I dont know if this will help at all, because I know you're just going to think "well, you have to say that, because you're my friend" but I really do think you are beautiful and not a bit fat/chubby or whatever it is that you think you are. I think you look great!
ReplyDeleteOh Stacy my poor girl...at first you are not ugly..you are a beautiful , strong, funny and cute person. I don't know you in "real life" but i am 100% sure you are just great.
ReplyDeleteBut i also feel with you. With the sports-stuff i have the same problem. I lost lots of weight in 2009 and in 2010 i got back to my old weight. I was so proud and i loved sports but with the new job and new boyfriend i had no time or no motivation or like you said no money. I hate my body at the moment and none of my old clothes fit ( i have three pair of jeans at the moment ). I am so lazy and i have no discipline...and that sucks.
I think you need little goals...maybe try to find a mother in your age with a kid in Lizzie's age and you can go to the gym or for a walk together. It's not good to force yourself to do sports bc you'll quit it very soon. I forced myself to go to the gym and signed a two years contract back in 2009...i went there three times and then i quit. I felt uncomfortable and like everybody looks at the me and i hated it. So i wasted a lot of money....
Maybe you just need some time for yourself!!Do you have a chance to get rid of old stuff??? You could sell it on ebay and buy yourself some new clothes. Or tell your family your want a gift card for christmas to go clothes shopping.
I am sorry that you're feeling this way...i really know where you're from and for me it's an every day battle too. But some day i am even to lazy to be mad or sad about my body...lol...and i am happy like i am.
Sending you lots of HUGS
:( I hate to read this. Because when I look at you, I dont see any of these things! I see a perfectly healthy, fun loving person. A great friend and an even better Mother.
ReplyDeleteTake it from someone who has THE WORST body issues(ME) - it's very easy to look in the mirror and hate what you see. The hardest thing is looking in the mirror, and finding things you like. But, I think thats something you should do. And not only physically, but it's important to look at the inside and find positive things about yourself. This is easier said than done.. but start with the little things. Like me, when I look in the mirror, I see fat theighs, skinny waist, and love handles. BUT, if I take a step back, I see a sexy ass - maybe not sexy to some, but I know that my Husband is wild about it. And that always makes me smile. Another positive I find is that I work hard at my weight. Even though it seems like a never ending struggle, I know that I haven't given up. Even on those days that it's raining and cold, I get up, get into my gym clothes and drive the 20 minutes to the gym 4 days out of the week. Yes, it's depressing when I don't see immidate results, but I'm just happy that I'm making the positive change in my life to stay healthy and active..
Don't be so hard on yourslef Stace. And like you said, if you have these image problems, how is Lizzie going to know anything else? Be confident and proud of who you are and what you look like, because I think you're just perfect and Ross obviously does, too :) xoxo
Thanks girls <3 You sure know how to make a girl smile :)
ReplyDelete