Monday, December 20, 2010

Day 5.


Day 05 - A picture of your favorite memory

This is a tough one for me because I have so many treasured memories. I don't know if I will be able to pick just one so here are my top picks.

Photobucket

This is Ross and I on the last day of school Senior year. He was playing "Stellar" by Incubus for me. I had denied all feelings for him but I suppose it's pretty obvious in this picture. Sarah, from this post took this picture. It is one of my absolute favorite pictures of us. It's so real and helps remind me of the simple things I love about my husband.

Photobucket

This is Ross on the very first trip I took to Virginia. We had just started dating and I flew out for a weekend to visit. I know this sounds silly and probably ridiculous to a lot of people but I fell in love with him immediately. It was in this hotel room, on that weekend, that he told me he loved me. It was the jumping off point for our relationship and my first taste of what it was going to be like being a Marine girlfriend. Just seeing this picture reminds me of that new, passionate, and exciting love that we had for each other.

Photobucket

Our wedding day. I was 19 and Ross was 20. We were young, in love, and had NO idea what we were getting ourselves into. I was scared, nervous, and excited all at once. I drove out to Maryland with my parents that Thursday, had a little get together with a girlfriend that night, and on Friday afternoon I was married at the courthouse in Leonardtown MD. I flew back to NY on Sunday and drove right to college to finish up a group project for my Lit & Society class [how romantic, huh?].

Photobucket

The day Lizzie was born. ♥

Finally...and I promise this is the last one...

Photobucket

The day (well actually this was the day after) Ross came home from Deployment.

I love sharing this story because it is just so memorable. Ross got sent home ADVON and never told me. He had called my friend Adell and had planned out the whole thing so he could surprise me for my birthday. I'm pretty sure Adell's exact words were "I can't keep that from Stace!! She is going to be so mad she isn't there to welcome you home!" I was scheduled to fly back to California from NY and Adell had me believing that we were doing something special for my birthday. She kept telling me I had to look cute when I got off the plane. She had no idea how hard it was to look cute when you get on a plane at 5 in the morning and are flying for about 9 hours, but I was very grateful that she told me or else I would have been welcoming home my husband in sweatpants. haha As I was in baggage claim waiting for Adell I saw this Marine walking in uniform with flowers and I thought "Awww..how sweet is that! I wonder who he's picking up!" Then I saw Adell walking with him and I thought "Hmm...why is she bringing Tharp to the airport to pick up Amanda?" Then as he got closer I realized who it was and I ran into his arms, while Adell is snapping away pictures and everyone in baggage claim is looking at me like a crazy lady, and sobbed "You're home!!!"

Ahhh memories, sorry I couldn't choose just one :) We certainly have some great ones and I am beyond thankful for that.

2 comments:

  1. I love love love the story of Ross surprising you. I remember when you posted the pictures for the first time...it was so touching I couldn't help but cry!! What a sweet memory for you to have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these :) I'd have never thought that picture I snapped would have led to such an amazing life for you. Heck at that time I wondered if you were ever going to believe me when I told you Ross liked you...
    Obviously the picture shows just how much :)
    I love you guys.
    Great Pictures hun!

    ReplyDelete