I am a stay at home mom and I hate to admit that I dress like one, 99.9% of the time. I am guilty of the roll out of bed, shower, throw my hair in a pony tail, by pass the makeup, and throw on something comfortable routine. If i'm hanging out at home for most of the day, what's the point? My day to day wardrobe consists of sweats, t-shirts, comfy shorts, yoga pants and tank tops. I'm waiting for Stacy and Clinton to pop out at me in the grocery store to tell me I look frumpy.
I've always been a simple girl. My idea of dressing up is a pair of dark jeans, a cute top and a pair of flats. I can probably count on both of my hands the number of times i've worn heels. I own an adorable pair of BCBG peep toe pumps that i've worn probably once. In all honesty, Lizzie has worn them playing dress up more than I have. When you're trying to feel good about yourself, it's hard to look at yourself in grunge clothes and think, "Wow, I look nice today!" So today I had to run a few errands and instead of throwing on my usual, I put on this super cute, strapless, jean dress that I own. Instead of my old faithful flip-flops I put on some cute pink strappy sandals (see, I do own cute clothes!). I put make-up on and blow dried my hair and out the door I went.
I wasn't walking around Target thinking I was the hottest thing around but I had a little bounce in my step and I felt more confident with myself. The other day I wore a dress to run some errands and I stopped at my Mom's work so she could see Lizzie. I got three different compliments on my 10 dollar Wal*Mart dress and I felt great the rest of the day.
My advice for today, keep the frump clothes in the drawer next time you need to run out to town. Throw on a simple sun dress, some cute sandals, and feel great about yourself. <3
-I just wanted to remind you all that i'll be starting my Women I Admire project very soon. I was going to start today but I wanted a little extra time to really think about what I wanted to write. If I pick you to write about i'll be letting you know soon and ask if you mind having me write about you. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love this blog, Stace! I love this post, too! Yesterday, I went to the mall and bought myself some cute capris and a wicked cute tank top - I don't normally like girly stuff but the top is kinda of girly (for me) and ya know what, I did a double take in the mirror because I thought I looked too cute! Haha.. Its nice to wear cute clothes once in a while! Makes you feel good about yourself!
ReplyDeleteI agree! I work with preschoolers so I have to wear things to work that I don't mind getting dirty (read: ugly clothes.) I have a day off today so I think I'll pick up a few things that I actually look good in! It totally lifts my mood! Good advice :)
ReplyDeleteThanks guys :) I totally didn't dress cute today...I had a million loads of laundry to do so I had to wear the "bottom of the drawer" clothes and Lizzie had to wear jammies that were too small for her last night. Haha I hope I'm not the only one whose like that!!
ReplyDelete